If you have any questions or concerns feel free to leave a comment or visit us on Facebook
If this is an emergency remain calm and visit Hermit Crab Owners for assistance.
You can fill out this questionnaire so you can provide detailed information and someone will help you. This will help determine the problem to a sudden issue, explain a death or review your conditions to rule out a problem. Posting a photo of your krabitat is also encouraged to solve concerns. We are here to guide and help you and your hermits.
- What type of enclosure is your krabitat, and how large is it? Can you describe your lid?
- What does your substrate consist of and how many inches deep is it? Is your substrate moist? Is it fresh water?
- What kind of hydrometer do you use to gauge the temperature and humidity? What is the average temp and RH? Where is it located in the tank?
- Do you have a heat source? If so, what kind?
- Do you use moss? If so, what kind?
- What water pools do you have available? Are they treated with water conditioner? What is your water source? Are your crabs able to fully submerge, shell and all? Please list all brands associated with your pools/water treatment.
- How many crabs do you have and what are their sizes?
- If you do not have a photo of your krabitat, can you describe what does it look like? Do you have hiding spots, climbing opportunities and other decor? What kind of decor?
- What does your hermit diet consist of and do you follow any safe or unsafe lists? Which sources are you using and where are you getting your foods?
- What type of interaction do you have with your crabs? For example, do you ever take them out of their enclosure? If so, what for and for how long?
- When and how did you obtain your crabs? Have you ever lost any? If so, explain.
- Do you have a wide selection of fitted shells available?What kind are they? Are they the correct size?
- Have there been any sort of fumes or chemicals near the tank?
- What is the maintenance and upkeep of your tank? How often do you attend it?
- Is there any other information you feel would be helpful for us to know?Please describe in clear detail what the issue.
Browse through the site and check the Emergency Guide for further assistance.